GM1 >> UALR (0-0) at Missouri State (0-0)
Friday, Aug. 17 • 7 PM (CST)
Springfield, Mo. • Plaster Sports Complex
Live Stats: MissouriStateBears.com
GM2 >> Austin Peay (0-0) at UALR
Sunday, Aug. 19 • 1 PM (CST)
Little Rock, Ark. • Coleman Sports & Recreation Complex
Live Stats/Video: UALRTrojans.com
• Last season, UALR defeated Missouri State for the first time in program history with a 3-1 win at Burns Park in the season-opener for both teams (8/19/11).
• Sunday's contest will be the first-ever meeting between the Trojans and Austin Peay.
• Sophomore Ariel Galletti led UALR in scoring as a freshman in 2011 with nine points on four goals.
• UALR finished the 2011 season with a 6-2-0 record at home, but just a 1-11-0 mark on the road.
• The Trojans' 2011 roster features 13 returners and eight newcomers (including five freshmen). UALR lost eight letterwinners from its 2011 squad.
• The Trojans will be looking to replace 50 percent of its goal-scoring from 2011. Departed seniors Rachael Maina (4), Christina Veasley (4) and Kristen Semko (2) accounted for 10 of UALR's 20 goals on the season.
• In addition to Galletti's four goals, sophomore Alyson Rohane (2) and juniors Holly Holland (2) and Adrianna Queen (2) found the back of the net in 2011.
• The Trojans finished the 2011 season with a 7-13-0 record, going 6-2-0 at home and 1-11-0 on the road.
• UALR ended the season with a 3-8-0 mark in Sun Belt play, finishing ninth overall and missing the league tournament for the second straight season.
• After its overtime win against Louisiana-Lafayette (10/11) in early October, UALR's record stood at 7-8-0 overall and 3-3-0 in SBC play with five matches remaining, but the Trojans dropped five straight to end the year a game out of the conference tournament.
• The Trojans ended the season ranked 8th in the SBC in total shots (239), 12th in points (54), 11th in goals scored (20) and T-9th in goals allowed (37).
• UALR won its lone exhibition match of the preseason on Monday, Aug. 13, by a 2-1 final at Lyon College.
• The Trojans fell into a 1-0 hole in the 12th minute, but newcomer Paige Mason scored the equalizer just five minutes later and Alyson Rohane netted the game-winner in the 82nd minute.
• The UALR offense controlled the match throughout, ending the contest with a 36-4 advantage in total shots and a 21-1 lead in shots on goal.
• Sophomore Lexus VanPelt assisted on Mason's goal in the 17th minute, while Ariel Galletti supplied the helper on Rohane's game-winner.
• Sophomore Alyson Rohane was recently named to the College Sports Madness Preseason All-Sun Belt Second Team. Rohane scored two goals and tallied a team-best four assists in her freshman campaign.
ABOUT MISSOURI STATE
• Missouri State went 12-5-2 in 2011 and posted a 7-1-1 record at home.
• UALR defeated Missouri State 3-1 last season at Burns Park for the first time in program history. MSU leads the series 12-1-0 all-time.
• The Trojans are 0-6-0 all-time against MSU in Springfield, Mo.
• In four meetings, Delgado is 1-3-0 against MSU and 0-2 in Springfield, Mo.
ABOUT AUSTIN PEAY
• Sunday's match will be the first meeting between UALR and Austin Peay.
• The Lady Govs went 9-8-1 in 2011 and produced a 4-5-1 road record.
• Austin Peay returns its leading scorer from 2011, junior Tatiana Ariza, who scored 16 goals and racked up seven assists for a 39-point season in 2011.
COLEMAN SPORTS & RECREATION COMPLEX
• Sunday's match against Austin Peay will kick off a new era for UALR athletics, as the school unveils the Coleman Sports & Recreation Complex -- the new home of the UALR soccer and track and field programs.
• Located behind University Village near the corner of Asher and University avenues, the facility features the soccer field and an eight-lane track with state-of-the-art Polytan synthetic surfacing.
• A press box with internet capability and a concessions area will stand adjacent to the field and will house the UALR media and sports information work areas.
OFFENSIVE STATE OF MIND
• UALR returns six starters and 50 percent of its goal scoring from last season.
• Sophomore Ariel Galletti tied for the team lead in goals scored (4) in 2011, and led the team with nine total points.
• Sophomore Alyson Rohane, junior Adrianna Queen and junior Holly Holland each scored two goals in 2011, while Rohane led the team with four assists.
• Rohane made 15 starts while appearing in all 20 matches as a freshman. Her eight points tied her for second-most on the team and put 7-of-13 shots on frame for a .538 SOG percentage.
• Queen led the Trojans with 36 shots on the year, putting 14 on frame for a .389 SOG percentage. The Las Vegas, Nev.-native currently sits sixth on UALR's career list of game-winners (six) and 15th in goals scored (nine).
• Holland made five starts while appearing in all 20 matches as a sophomore in 2011. The Little Rock-native scored the game-winning goal and collected an assist in the Trojans' 4-1 win over Florida Atlantic (9/25).
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS
• Additionally, UALR returns four starters on the defensive side of the ball. Defenders Jenna Brady, Betsy Blackwood, Kailie Holloway and goalkeeper Michelle Pittman all played heavy minutes in 2011 and return this season.
• Blackwood appeared in all 20 matches and made 14 starts as a freshman defender. The Tucson, Ariz.-native collected two assists on the year.
• Brady appeared in 19 matches and made 14 starts in 2011.
• Holloway played in and started 19 matches during her freshman season. The Longview, Texas-native played 90 or more minutes in 15 of those matches, including eight in a row at one point.
• Pittman stopped 96 shots, third-most in the Sun Belt, in her first season as the full-time starter. She also finished the year third in the league in saves per game (5.05).
• UALR adds eight new players in 2012 -- five freshmen and three transfers.
• Freshman Ashley Asuncion comes to UALR from Honolulu, Hawaii, where she played at the Kamehameha Schools and served as co-captain in her senior season.
• Galya Cohen hails from Newport Coast, Calif., where she was a four-time All-League selection at Tarbut V'Torah Community Day School.
• Asia Kleinmeyer was a two-sport athlete at Tesoro HS in Mission Viego, Calif., where she was named the Titans' Defensive Player of the Year in soccer and the track and field team's Sprinter of the Year.
• As a goalkeeper at Sahuaro HS in Tucson, Ariz., Shantel Wittke helped lead the Cougars to three-straight regional titles and one state runner-up finish in 2008-09. She compiled a school-record 14 shutouts during the 2010-11 campaign.
• Taylor Hoover joins UALR from Woodland Hills, Calif., where she was a letterwinner in her senior season at Calabasas HS. She was named the Coyotes' Offensive MVP at the end of the 2010-11 season.
• Paige Mason and Natalie Marsh come to UALR after spending two seasons each playing junior college soccer. Mason played her soccer at Fresno City College, where she scored five goals and collected six assists en route to garnering All-Conference honors as a sophomore. Marsh played at Jamestown CC and stopped 132 shots and produced a pair of shutouts as an All-Region selection in 2011.
• UALR's final newcomer, Ashley Barksdale, returns to her hometown after spending two seasons at Memphis. Barksdale was an All-Conference performer at Mount St. Mary Academy, where she and Holly Holland helped the Belles to the 2008 7A State Championship.
SUN BELT CONFERENCE
• UALR was recently picked to finish ninth in the Sun Belt Conference in a preseason poll of the head coaches in the league. FIU received five first-place votes and 114 total points as the preseason favorite, followed by North Texas (five first-place votes, 110 points) and Middle Tennessee (one first-place vote, 93 points).