GM11 >> UALR (1-9-0, 0-2-0 SBC) vs. Louisiana (6-5-0, 0-1-0 SBC)
Friday, Sept. 28 • 7 PM (CST)
Little Rock, Ark. • Coleman Sports & Recreation Complex
Live Stats: UALRTrojans.com
GM12 >> UALR vs. ULM (3-7-0, 0-1-0 SBC)
Sunday, Sept. 30 • 1 PM (CST)
Little Rock, Ark. • Coleman Sports & Recreation Complex
Live Stats/Video: UALRTrojans.com
WEEKEND IN REVIEW
• The Trojans were unable to capture a win in the opening weekend of Sun Belt Conference play, falling by a 5-0 final at Middle Tennessee on Friday before again being blanked 5-0 at Western Kentucky on Sunday.
• In addition to being outscored 10-0, UALR was outshot by a total count of 63-6, including 28-3 in shots on goal, over the course of the weekend.
• In Friday's match, the Blue Raiders put up 27 shots and 15 shots on goal against the UALR defense. Kate Loye and Paige Goeglein scored two goals each to lead MT's offense. Goeglein now finds herself tied for the Sun Belt lead in goals (7) and the outright lead in total points (17).
• Middle Tennessee put up two scores in the first half before tacking on three more goals over the final 45 minutes, including two in the first nine minutes of the second half.
• Junior Natalie Marsh got the start against Middle Tennessee and allowed four goals while making seven stops in 53:24 of work. Freshman Shantel Wittke played the final 36:36 and made three saves while allowing one score.
• Junior Ashley Barksdale and freshmen Asia Kleinmeyer and Taylor Hoover put up one shot each to lead the UALR offense.
• On Sunday, WKU outshot UALR by a 36-3 count en route to a 5-0 win. The Lady Tops' 36 shots were a game-high by a Trojan opponent in 2012.
• Western Kentucky led in shots on goal, 13-1. Lauren Moats put five shots on target to pace the Lady Tops.
• Like the MT match, WKU turned a 2-0 halftime lead into a 5-0 win by scoring three goals in the final 30 minutes of the match. Nicholette Sartori (61:19) put up WKU's first score of the second half before Moats (70:42, 81:41) tacked on two more in an 11-minute span.
• Marsh started the match for the Trojans in goal and played the entire first half, allowing two goals and making three saves. Wittke came on for the second half and allowed three goals while stopping four shots.
2012 Record: 6-5-0, 0-1-0 SBC
2012 Road Record: 2-2-0
Head Coach: Scot Wieland (8th year)
Career Record: 136-120-19
Record at UL: 50-82-16
UL Statistical Leaders
Points: Shelby Isley (10)
Goals: Three tied (4)
Assists: Elizabeth Manuel (3)
Shots: Elizabeth Manuel (26)
Saves: Amanda Moorefield (38)
• Louisiana currently sits at 6-5-0 overall and 0-1-0 in Sun Belt play following a 2-0 loss to North Texas (9/21) and a 2-1 win over Northwestern State (9/23) last weekend.
• The UL offense has racked up 22 goals through 11 matches. Isley Shelby leads the Cajuns in points (10) and is tied for the team lead in goals (4) with teammates Hayden Gibon and Erin Lynn.
• Manuel Elizabeth leads UL in total shots (26) and assists (3) on the season.
• Amanda Moorefield has played all but 45 of the team's minutes at goalkeeper on the season, totaling 38 saves and producing two shutouts. Moorefield sports a save percentage of .704.
• UL holds an 8-4 lead in the all-time series with the Trojans. UALR won the most-recent matchup (10/9/11) thanks to a game-winner by Ariel Galletti 1:38 into overtime that lifted the Trojans to a 1-0 win at Burns Park.
2012 Record: 3-7-0, 0-1-0 SBC
2012 Road Record: 3-4-0
Head Coach: Roberto Mazza (1st year)
Career Record: 51-34-12
Record at ULM: 3-7-0
ULM Statistical Leaders
Points: Karlea Fehr (10)
Goals: Karlea Fehr (3)
Assists: Karlea Fehr (4)
Shots: Karlea Fehr (24)
Saves: Alex Holland (40)
• The Warhawks sit at 3-7-0 overall and 0-1-0 in Sun Belt play after a 2-1 loss at home against North Texas on Sunday. Karlea Fehr scored the lone goal for ULM in the loss.
• All three of ULM's victories this season have come on the road. Two wins came early in the year, winning at Grambling State (8/26) and UAPB (8/29) before going on a five-match losing skid. The Warhawks won at Southern on Sept. 14 to notch its third win.
• Fehr leads the team in virtually every offensive category through the first 10 games, including goals (3), assists (4), points (10), shots (24) and shots on goal (12).
• Kelley O'Dwyer has scored two goals and tallied three assists for seven points on the season.
• Alex Holland has played the majority of the minutes in goal for the Warhawks. Holland has allowed 16 goals while making 40 saves for a .714 save percentage.
• First-year head coach Roberto Mazza is a familiar opponent of the Trojans, having coached the previous five years at UAPB. Mazza went 1-2 against UALR in three tries.
• UALR boasts a 7-5 lead in the all-time series and has won two-straight, including a 3-0 blanking of the Warhawks last year (10/7/11) at Burns Park.
• Despite lining up on defense, senior Jenna Brady has totaled three points on the season after scoring the first goal of her UALR career in the Trojans' 4-0 win over UAPB. Brady provided an assist on Alyson Rohane's goal against Western Illinois on Aug. 26.
• Sophomores Alyson Rohane and Ariel Galletti are leading UALR on offense through its first ten matches, combining for four goals and three assists. Rohane leads the Trojans in shots (22) and shots on goal (12), while Galletti ranks second in both categories with 16 and eight, respectively. Galletti led the Trojans in points (9) and tied for the team lead in goals (4) as a freshman, while Rohane supplied a team-best four assists in 2011.
• Junior Ashley Barksdale, a first-year transfer player from Memphis, also scored her first goal as a Trojan against UAPB. Barksdale has made an instant impact since returning to her hometown, starting nine of ten matches while putting five of eight shots on target for a .625 shots-on-goal percentage.
• Freshman Ashley Asuncion collected an assist on teammate Ariel Galletti's score in the 68th minute of UALR's match against UAPB (9/9) for the first point of her UALR career. Asuncion is the only UALR freshman to have started all ten matches this season.
• Junior Paige Mason, has scored one goal on the year (at UCA, 9/5) and ranks third on the team in both shots (13) and is tied for third in shots on goal (7). Mason has started all ten matches this season.
• Senior Olivia Carrasco has anchored UALR's defense through the first ten matches, playing a team-high 848 minutes -- 84.8 per contest. Carrasco's presence on defense has been essential to a team stricken by injuries to a number of members of its backline.
• Sophomore Betsy Blackwood (762 minutes), senior Jenna Brady (804), junior Ashley Barksdale (785) and freshman Ashley Asuncion (775) have all logged heavy minutes on the defensive end of the field for the Trojans.
• UALR is still trying to find ways to make up for the loss of a number of players due to early and off-season injuries.
• Senior Michelle Pittman, who started 18 games in goal in 2011, is included on the list of UALR players yet to see the field this season. Senior Kamiya Merrick and junior Adrianna Queen have also missed all seven matches, while sophomore Amanda Wilkinson and junior Holly Holland both saw early action before going down with injuries.
• UALR shows up at No. 279 in the first RPI poll release of the 2012 season. The Trojans' opponents this weekend, Louisiana and ULM, show up at No. 194 and No. 294, respectively. Middle Tennessee (75) is the highest ranked of all Sun Belt teams.