GM16 >> UALR (1-14-0, 0-7-0 SBC) vs. Florida Atlantic (5-9-0, 3-4-0 SBC)
Thursday, Oct. 18 • 7 PM (CST)
Little Rock, Ark. • Coleman Sports & Recreation Complex
Live Stats/Video: UALRTrojans.com
GM17 >> UALR at FIU (8-5-2, 5-1-1 SBC)
Sunday, Oct. 21 • Noon (CST)
Miami, Fla. • FIU Soccer Stadium
Live Stats: FIUsports.com
• UALR remains winless in Sun Belt play and has dropped eight-straight matches after losing by an 8-2 final score to North Texas on Sunday at the Coleman Sports & Recreation Complex.
• Junior Adrianna Queen broke a seven-match scoreless streak for UALR, scoring two late-game goals in just under a two-minute span to get the Trojans on the scoreboard.
• Michelle Young led the offensive effort for the Mean Green, scoring two goals and adding an assist for a five-point match. NT's Leah Cox tallied two assists and scored one goal.
• The Mean Green scored five second-half goals in the win, going up 7-0 with a goal by Lynda Hercules at the 82:38 mark before Queen's goals made it 7-2. Amanda Burgardt notched NT's final score at the 89:15 mark to bring the game to its final tally.
• Freshman Shantel Wittke started the match and allowed three goals while making seven saves in the first half. Junior Natalie Marsh played the second half and made three saves while giving up five scores.
• Jackie Kerestine made three saves and allowed no goals in the first 50:55 for North Texas. Riley Haley played the final 39:05 for NT and surrendered both UALR goals.
• North Texas led in total shots (30-6), shots on goal (19-5) and corner kicks (7-1).
ABOUT FLORIDA ATLANTIC
• Florida Atlantic (5-9-0, 3-4-0 SBC) comes to Little Rock as winners of two straight following victories against ULM and Louisiana last weekend in Boca Raton, Fla.
• The Owls blanked ULM by a 1-0 final on Friday before besting Louisiana, 2-1, in overtime on Sunday.
• Claire Emslie has carried FAU on offense this season, scoring nine of the team's 17 total goals and totaling 20 points on the year. Emslie leads the team with 54 shots, 32 shots on goal and three game-winners.
• Florida Atlantic's 17 goals rank them ninth in the Sun Belt.
• Goalkeeper Ashley Lantes ranks fourth in the Sun Belt with 80 saves on the season. Lantes has played in and started all 14 matches for the Owls and sports a .748 save percentage.
• UALR and Florida Atlantic are tied, 3-3-0, in the all-time series between the two teams. UALR won last year's matchup in Little Rock by a 4-1 final, as Ariel Galletti and Holly Holland combined for three goals and Alyson Rohane supplied two assists. The Trojans' four goals were a season high.
• The Golden Panthers (8-5-2, 5-1-1 SBC) enter the weekend unbeaten in their last four matches, with their last loss coming Sept. 28 at Middle Tennessee.
• Last weekend, FIU topped Louisiana by a 2-1 final before putting a 5-0 beating on ULM.
• Chelsea Leiva and Scarlett Montoya have scored seven goals each to lead the FIU offense. Leiva has added four assists and leads the team in points (18), shots (65), shots on goal (29) and game-winners (3).
• FIU ranks sixth in the conference in goals scored (25).
• Goalkeeper Kaitlyn Savage sits second in the conference with 88 saves on the season. Savage has allowed just 16 goals this season and boasts a league-best .846 save percentage.
• The FIU defense has given up just 16 goals all season and ranks third in the league in GAA (1.03 per game). The Golden Panther defense has produced six shutouts on the year.
• FIU bested UALR, 2-1, last year in Little Rock. Adrianna Queen scored the Trojans' only goal of the match, while Crystal McNamara and Ashleigh Shim supplied the offense for the Golden Panthers.
• UALR snapped a seven-match scoreless streak with two goals by Adrianna Queen in Sunday's loss to North Texas. Queen's goals late in the second half were UALR's first scores since its 4-0 win over UAPB back on Sept. 9.
• Opponents are outscoring UALR by a 62-9 count entering the weekend.
• UALR has been shutout in 10 of its 15 matches this season.
• Junior Adrianna Queen leads the Trojans with 12 shots, five shots on goal and two goals since returning to the lineup against Louisiana on Sept. 28.
• Queen's two goals against North Texas tie her with teammates Ariel Galletti and Alyson Rohane for the season lead.
• Queen's goals on Sunday increase her career total to 11, tying her with Aurielle Dutchover (2000-03) for 13th on the Trojans' all-time list. The Las Vegas, Nev.-native's four game-winners tie her for sixth all-time at UALR.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
• Freshman Shantel Wittke ranks third in the Sun Belt with 81 saves on the season despite splitting time in goal with junior Natalie Marsh.
• Marsh has stopped 49 shots herself, good enough for 11th-best in the conference.
• Wittke started the match against North Texas on Sunday and played the entire first half, allowing three goals and making seven saves. Marsh played the second half and allowed five goals while making three saves.
• Wittke has allowed 37 goals on the season and boasts a .686 save percentage. Marsh has surrendered 25 scores and sports a .662 save percentage.
• The duo combined for the shutout in the UALR's only win of the season, a 4-0 victory against UAPB on Sept. 9. Wittke got the start and made two saves in 59:23 of work before being relieved by Marsh for the final 30:37.
• Despite lining up on defense, senior Jenna Brady has totaled three points on the season after scoring the first goal of her UALR career in the Trojans' 4-0 win over UAPB. Brady provided an assist on Alyson Rohane's goal against Western Illinois on Aug. 26.
• Sophomores Alyson Rohane and Ariel Galletti lead UALR on offense through its first 14 matches, combining for four goals and three assists. Rohane leads the Trojans in shots (33) and shots on goal (16), while Galletti ranks second in both categories with 25 and 12, respectively. Galletti led the Trojans in points (9) and tied for the team lead in goals (4) as a freshman, while Rohane supplied a team-best four assists in 2011.
• Sophomore Betsy Blackwood picked up the third point of her college career by assisting on Adrianna Queen's second goal against North Texas on Sunday. Blackwood tallied two assists as a freshman in 2011.
• Junior Ashley Barksdale, a first-year transfer player from Memphis, also scored her first goal as a Trojan against UAPB. Barksdale has made a big impact since returning to her hometown, starting 14 of 15 matches while putting nine of 14 shots on target for a .643 shots-on-goal percentage.
• Freshman Ashley Asuncion collected an assist on teammate Ariel Galletti's score in the 68th minute of UALR's match against UAPB (9/9) for the first point of her UALR career. Asuncion's 13 starts are the most by a UALR freshman this season.
• Junior Paige Mason has scored one goal on the year (at UCA, 9/5) and is one of just three players to have started all 15 matches this season.
• Senior Olivia Carrasco has anchored the Trojans' defense through 15 matches, playing a team-high 1,288 minutes, 85.9 per contest.
• Sophomore Betsy Blackwood (1,089 minutes), senior Jenna Brady (1,220), junior Ashley Barksdale (1,146) and freshman Ashley Asuncion (1,057) have all logged heavy minutes on the defensive end of the field for the Trojans.
• UALR shows up at No. 294 in the most recent RPI poll of the 2012 season. Florida Atlantic appears at No. 249 and FIU is at No. 108.