LITTLE ROCK –
Fresh off a 90-58 win over Southern Arkansas Tuesday night, the Trojans (2-3) travel to Norman, Okla., to take on the Oklahoma Sooners (4-1) on Friday at 2 p.m. The game will be televised through the Sooner Sports Network and can be found on Fox Sports Southwest and Fox Sports Oklahoma.
Fox Sports Southwest is carried nationally by AT&T U-Verse on Ch. 754 (1754 HD) and Ch. 679 on DirecTV.
Sophomore Josh Hagins totaled 18 points on 7-of-8 shooting from the field and a perfect 4-of-4 effort from three-point range in the Trojans’ victory over SAU. Hagins also matched his career high with eight assists while totaling five rebounds and a career-best four blocks. Senior Will Neighbour scored 17 points to reach double figures in scoring for the fifth-straight game to start the year.
Friday’s matchup will mark the fourth true road game of the season for UALR and will be the Trojans’ fourth 2013 NCAA Tournament opponent in its last five games.
GM6 // UALR (2-3) at Oklahoma (4-1)
Friday, Nov. 29 • 2 PM (CST)
Norman, Okla. • Lloyd Noble Center (12,000)
Television: FS Oklahoma/FS Southwest
TV Talent: Chad McKee (PXP), Renzie Stone (Analyst), Jessica Coody (Sideline)
Radio: KABZ - 103.7 FM
Online Radio: 1037TheBuzz.com
Radio Talent: Ray Tucker (PXP)
Live Stats: SoonerSports.com
Series (Overall): OU leads 5-0
Series (at OU): OU leads 4-0
Current Streak: OU won 5
Last Meeting: 12/11/99 – OU, 80-56
Shields Record vs. OU: 0-0
Road Record: 1-2
Head Coach: Steve Shields (11th year)
Record at UALR: 166-146
Career Record: Same
UALR Statistical Leaders
Points: Will Neighbour (18.8)
Rebounds: Will Neighbour (7.6)
Assists: Josh Hagins (3.6)
Steals: Will Neighbour (1.8)
Blocks: Hagins/White (1.0)
Home Record: 2-0
Head Coach: Lon Kruger (3rd year)
Record at OU: 39-29
Career Record: 518-333 (28th year)
Oklahoma Statistical Leaders
Points: Cameron Clark (18.2)
Rebounds: Buddy Hield (16.2)
Assists: Jordan Woodard (4,8)
Steals: Je’lon Hornbeak (1.6)
Blocks: Ryan Spangler (1.6)
• After starting the season 0-3 including losses at Florida and Middle Tennessee, UALR has won back-to-back games against Southern (11/22) and Southern Arkansas (11/26).
• Senior Will Neighbour and sophomore Josh Hagins are both averaging double figures in scoring to lead a UALR offense that is shooting 48.1 percent from the floor and 51.6 percent from three-point range in its two wins.
• Neighbour currently ranks seventh in the SBC in scoring (18.8 ppg), fourth in rebounding (7.6 rpg) and is tied for third in steals (1.8 spg).
• Entering his 11th season as head coach, Steve Shields ranks first among active Sun Belt coaches with 92 career conference wins and second in win percentage in conference play (.554).
• Shields is UALR’s career leader in coaching wins with 166 victories in 10-plus seasons as head coach.
• Of the 20 youngest teams in the nation last season, UALR was one of just four (along with Michigan, Kentucky and Hartford) to finish above .500 in conference play, and one of just six to finish above .500 overall (along with Michigan, Kentucky, Hartford, Charlotte and St. John’s).
• UALR returns eight lettermen, four starters and 71 percent of its scoring from a year ago.
• Neighbour was named Preseason Second Team All-Sun Belt Conference following a junior season that saw him lead UALR in scoring (10.7 ppg) and rebounding (7.0 rpg) while ranking second on the team in blocks (32) and steals (39).
• The Trojans’ 2013-14 slate features at least 12, and potentially 13 games against teams that played postseason basketball a year ago. The schedule features seven games against teams that earned bids to the 2013 NCAA Tournament, including matchups against No. 15/13 Florida and No. 21/19 Memphis.
• UALR’s 21 assists against Southern Arkansas were a season high and the most since it totaled 21 in an 88-76 win over FIU at home last season (1/12/13).
• The Trojans also established new season highs in points (90), field goals made (35), field goal percentage (57.4 percent), three-point field goals made (10), three-point percentage (55.6 percent), steals (11) and blocks (8) against the Muleriders.
• Since being outrebounded 41 to 29 in its season opener vs. North Florida, UALR is +11 on the boards.
• The Trojans have held a rebounding edge in each of their last three games.
• UALR has pulled down an average of 11.8 offensive rebounds per game and holds a 77-to-53 advantage in second-chance points on the year.
• UALR ranks second in the Sun Belt Conference in free throw shooting percentage (74.0 percent).
• UALR is averaging 18.8 made free throws per game through three games this season, up from 15.7 per game a year ago, and has outscored its opponents at the FT line in four of five games.
• UALR went 31 of 42 (73.8 percent) from the foul line at Middle Tennessee (11/18). That was the most free throws made and attempted by a UALR team since it went 32 of 46 from the line against ULM on Feb. 4, 2012.
• After shooting just 35.8 percent from the floor in its first three games, UALR has shot 48.1 percent from the floor (62 of 129) in wins over Southern and SAU.
• Since failing to make a three-point shot at Middle Tennessee (0 of 11) for the first time since a 77-51 loss at Louisiana on Feb. 6, 2010, the Trojans have hit 16 of 31 shots (51.6 percent) from long range.
• Senior Will Neighbour is averaging 18.8 points (seventh in the Sun Belt Conference) and 7.6 rebounds (fourth in the SBC) while shooting 58.5 percent from the floor, 40.0 percent from three-point range and 77.8 percent from the foul line this season.
• After shooting 41.3 percent from long range as a sophomore in 2011-12, Neighbour’s three-point shooting percentage dipped to 29.6 percent as a junior.
• Neighbour shot 81.5 percent from the foul line as a sophomore but hit just 68.6 percent of his foul shots as a junior. He is averaging 7.2 free throw attempts per game this season, up from an average of 3.0 per game over his first two seasons in Little Rock.
• Neighbour went 11 of 16 from the foul line at MT (11/18), setting new career highs for free throws made and attempted.
• Neighbour has reached double figures in scoring in each of UALR’s five games this season and now has 36 double-figure scoring games in his career. Most recently, he totaled 17 points (8-13 FGs) to go along with a career-best six steals vs. Southern Arkansas (11/26).
• Neighbour’s 23-point, 14-rebound effort against Southern (11/22) gave him his eighth career double-double. UALR is 6-2 in those games.
• Sophomore Josh Hagins is averaging 18.5 points and 5.0 assists while shooting 70.0 percent from the floor (14 of 20) and 72.7 percent from three-point range (8 of 11) over his last two games.
• Hagins broke out of an early-season shooting slump with a career-best 19 points (7-12 FGs, 4-7 3FGs) at Southern (11/22) and followed it up with 18 points (7-8 FGs, 4-4 3FGs) and a career-best matching eight assists against Southern Arkansas (11/26).
• UALR is now 6-1 when Hagins finishes with five-plus assists.
• In UALR’s two wins, Hagins has either set or matched career highs for field goals made (7) or three-point field goals made (4).
• Hagins 12.2 ppg and 3.6 apg rank 15th and eighth, respectively, in the Sun Belt. His nine treys are 10th-most in the league.
• Sophomore James White scored 16 points on 7-of-11 shooting with six rebounds vs. Southern Arkansas. UALR is now 10-2 when White reaches double digits in scoring.
• White blocked two shots at Southern. White has blocked two-plus shots in nine career games and UALR is 6-3 in those games.
• Will Neighbour is currently alone in ninth place on the Trojans’ career blocks list (60) and sits 10 blocks behind Jake Yancey (2000-03) for eighth place.
• Neighbour is 260 points away from becoming the 19th member of UALR’s 1,000-point club. He needs to average 10.4 points over UALR’s final 25 games to reach the mark by the end of the regular season.
• Neighbour is 84 rebounds away from reaching 500 for his career. Neighbour’s 225 boards a year ago were the most by a UALR player since Rashad Jones-Jennings (392) in the 2006-07 season.
• Junior Ben Dillard is a 42.9 percent career three-point shooter, putting him on pace to pass Alan Barksdale (41.1 percent) as the top three-point shooter in school history.
• Dillard’s career free-throw shooting percentage of 82.6 currently ranks fourth on UALR’s all-time list.
• The Sooners are 4-1 on the season with their only loss coming against No. 1/1 Michigan State on Nov. 24. Oklahoma opened the season with wins over Alabama, North Texas, Idaho and Seton Hall.
• Cameron Clark (18.2 ppg) leads four OU players averaging double figures in scoring. Ryan Spangler is pulling down a team-high 7.8 rebounds per night.
• Head coach Lon Kruger is in his third year with the Sooners.
All-Time Against the Sooners
• Oklahoma leads 5-0 in the all-time series against UALR. All five contests have been played in the state of Oklahoma.
• The two teams last played on Dec. 11, 1999, when OU registered an 80-56 win in Norman.
• Friday’s game will be head coach Steve Shields’ first matchup against the Sooners.