LITTLE ROCK – Following a week full of road games the Trojans are returning to Gary Hogan Field to host Louisiana Tech on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
UALR played four games last week with all of them coming on the road against ranked opponents. The team lost 7-6 at No. 18 Oklahoma State on Tuesday and dropped three games over the weekend against Louisiana, the top-ranked team in the country according to Collegiate Baseball.
Ben Crumpton continued his hot streak with eight hits and four stolen bases during the week’s games. The senior, who already owns the career stolen base record, has 24 stolen bases this season and is currently second in the nation in steals. Dyllon Brownmiller was another bright spot for the Trojans last week. The junior pitched 3.1 scoreless innings with three strikeouts over two appearances late in close games against the Ragin’ Cajuns.
ABOUT THE BULLDOGS
Louisiana Tech is 10-23 in its 33 games this season and is sitting at 4-14 in Conference USA... The team is coming off a series loss to UALR’s former Sun Belt opponent Florida International... Louisiana Tech is 3-7 in road games this season... Sophomore Taylor Love is leading the Bulldogs offensively hitting .341 with nine doubles... Altogether the team is hitting .253 while allowing opponents to hit .283.
ALL TIME AGAINST LOUISIANA TECH
The Trojans and the Bulldogs will be meeting for the 73rd time... Louisiana Tech holds the advantage winning 49 games and losing 23... UALR won the most recent game in the series 11-2 on Feb. 26 in Ruston, La.... Chad Bradford took the win by pitching 6.2 scoreless innings while allowing just three hits... The offense used a patient approach at the plate to draw 11 walks with four players drawing two walks each... Mitchell Scheuler went 2-for-3 with four RBI’s and two walks.
- Ben Crumpton has 24 stolen bases this season and tied his own single-season best with the program’s fifth-highest total. He is 14 behind John Polson’s record of 38 in 1992.
- The Trojans are 8-3 in non-conference home games played at Gary Hogan Field.
- UALR is hitting 38 points higher in home games versus road games. Meanwhile, the pitching staff has posted a 2.96 ERA at home.
- Chad Bradford is 2-1 with a 1.69 ERA in his five midweek starts. The right-hander has allowed 19 hits and struck out 17 in 26.2 innings in those starts.
- Crumpton and Drew Merten are leading the offense in midweek games. Crumpton is 16-for-37 (.432) and Merten is 8-for-20 (.400).
Game 34 // UALR (13-20, 3-12 SBC) vs. Louisiana Tech (10-23, 4-14 Conference USA)
Tuesday, April 15 • 6:00 PM (CST)
Probable Starters: Chad Bradford (2-1, 3.41 ERA) vs. Braden Bristo (1-0, 2.76 ERA)
Little Rock, Ark. • Gary Hogan Field
Twitter: @UALRathletics // @UALR_Baseball
Live Stats: UALRTrojans.com
Live Video: UALRTrojans.com
Play-by-Play: Dan Floyd