GM6 >> UALR (0-5-0) at Louisiana Tech (4-1-1)
Friday, Sept. 7 • 4 PM (CST)
Ruston, La. • Lady Techster Soccer Complex
Live Stats: LaTechSports.com
GM7 >> UAPB (1-6-0) at UALR
Sunday, Sept. 9 • 2 PM (CST)
Little Rock, Ark. • Coleman Sports & Recreation Complex
Live Stats/Video: UALRTrojans.com
• The Trojans are still searching for their first win of 2012 after losing at UCA on Wednesday, Sept. 5 to fall to 0-5-0 on the year.
• The loss snapped UALR's perfect all-time record against the Bears. UALR is now 5-1-0 all-time against UCA.
• Junior Paige Mason supplied the lone goal for the Trojans in the defeat. A transfer from Fresno City College, the score was also the first of Mason's UALR career.
• UCA scored the first three goals of the match, taking a 2-0 lead at the half and turning it into a three- goal cushion when Adriana Lucur scored just over five minutes into the second half.
• Mason's score made it 3-1 at the 56:15 mark, but Brooke Ballard added another goal at the 61:39 mark to push the Bears' lead back to three and effectively put the match out of reach.
• In Wednesday's match, UCA led in total shots, 23-9, and shots on goal, 11-6. UALR has been outshot by its opponents 127-32 on the year, including 78-20 in shots on goal.
• Sophomores Ariel Galletti and Alyson Rohane are tied for the team lead in points (3).
WEEK IN REVIEW
• Losses at Ole Miss (8/31) and UCA (9/5) dropped UALR's record to 0-5-0 on the season, marking the first time the Trojans have been winless through their first five matches since the 2005 season, when UALR picked up its first win in its sixth match against Murray State.
• UALR lost by an 8-0 score in Oxford, Miss., on Friday, Aug. 31. The 8-0 defeat was the Trojans' worst loss since Sept. 13, 2008, when Ole Miss topped the Trojans by an identical 8-0 score in Oxford.
• Ole Miss put up 31 shots in their win on Friday, a season-high for a UALR opponent. The Rebels ended the match with a 31-4 lead in total shots, and a 18-2 advantage in shots on goal.
• Freshman Shantel Wittke started the match in goal for the Trojans and made nine stops while giving up six goals. Junior Natalie Marsh came on for the final 29:27 and made one save while allowing two scores.
• UALR suffered its first lost in program history to UCA on Wednesday, dropping a 4-1 decision in Conway. The loss drops the Trojans record to 5-1-0 all-time against the in-state foe.
• UCA held a 2-0 lead at intermission, then went up 3-0 with a score just over five minutes into the second half.
• Junior Paige Mason scored the first goal of her UALR career at the 56:15 mark to make it a 3-1 game, but another UCA score in the 62nd minute squashed any comeback hopes of the Trojans.
ABOUT LOUISIANA TECH
• The Lady Techsters sport a 4-1-1 record through six matches in 2012. The Techsters will be looking to bounce back from their first defeat this season, a 1-0 loss to Jacksonville State in the Troy-hosted Trojan Classic.
• Louisiana Tech is 2-0 on the season at home with wins over LSU-Shreveport and Southern Miss to their credit. Friday's match will be their first in Ruston since Southern Miss on Aug. 24.
• The Techsters have put up 20 goals in six matches this season (3.33 per game), and are led on offense by three different players -- Rosie Lethbridge, Emily Brennan and Heather Fitzgerald -- with three goals each.
• Louisiana Tech has outscored its opponents 20-2 this season.
• Lethbridge currently leads the team with eight points on the season, having added two assists to her three goals.
• Caitlin Updyke has started all five matches and played the bulk of the minutes in goal for the Techsters. Updyke has allowed one goal while making 13 saves for a .929 save percentage in 470:00 minutes between the pipes. Corina Brown has logged 84:06 minutes in goal for the Techsters and has given up one goal and made seven stops.
• UALR and Louisiana Tech are tied 1-1-0 in the all-time series between the two teams. The Lady Techsters won the last matchup, 1-0, on Sept. 29, 2009 in Ruston, La.
• The UAPB Golden Lions (1-6-0) picked up their first win of the season on Wednesday, blanking the University of the Ozarks by a 3-0 final in Pine Bluff.
• First year head coach Ron Naraine inherited a team that qualified for the NCAA Tournament and went 16-5-1 in 2011, including a perfect 8-0-0 in the SWAC. The Golden Lions return eight starters and nine letterwinners from last year's team.
• UALR holds a 3-1-0 record against UAPB all-time. Last year, UALR blanked UAPB by a 2-0 score at Burns Park.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
• Freshman Shantel Wittke and junior Natalie Marsh have split time at goalkeeper for the Trojans through six matches. Wittke has made four starts while logging 237:11 of action, and Marsh has played 212:48 while making two starts.
• Marsh leads the Sun Belt Conference in saves with 37 on the season. In her second start against Western Illinois (8/26), Marsh made 17 saves -- two shy of the school record (19) by Heather Friedman in the 2000 season.
• Wittke has given up 15 goals and made 17 saves for a .531 save percentage in her 237:11 of work. Marsh has allowed nine goals while make 37 stops for a .804 save percentage in 212:48.
• With their roster depleted by injuries, the Trojans have had trouble finding the back of the net through their first three matches.
• Injuries to Adrianna Queen and Holly Holland, two players who combined to score four goals a year ago, in addition to Michelle Pittman, Kamiya Merrick, Amanda Wilkinson and Galya Cohen have forced a number of UALR players into heavy minutes in unfamiliar roles.
• No place is that more evident than on the offensive end of the field, where the Trojans have scored just three goals and put up only 32 shots (6.4 per game) through five matches.
• For the season, UALR is being outshot by its opponents 127-32, including 78-20 in shots on goal, and outscored 24-3.
• Sophomores Ariel Galletti and Alyson Rohane and junior Paige Mason have each scored a goal on the season for the Trojans.
• Rohane and Galletti have also collected one assist each, tying them for the team lead in points (3).
• UALR is currently at the bottom of the Sun Belt in goals scored, shots, points and goals allowed.
• UALR has leaned heavily on a few of its newcomers in the early parts of the 2012 season.
• Junior Paige Mason, a transfer from Fresno City College, has started all three matches and played 428 total minutes (86 per match/avg.). Mason is currently second on the team with six shots.
• Junior Ashley Barksdale, a Little Rock-native who transferred after playing two years at Memphis, has earned four starts and played 409 minutes. Barksdale has put two of her three shots on frame for a .666 shots-on-goal percentage.
• Freshman Ashley Asuncion has started all five matches at defender and has racked up 423 minutes of playing time.
• Freshmen Taylor Hoover and Asia Kleinmeyer have also seen heavy minutes for the Trojans this season.
• Sophomore Alyson Rohane was named to College Sports Madness' Preseason All-Sun Belt Second Team. Rohane scored two goals and tallied a team-best four assists in her freshman campaign.
• Rohane is currently tied for the team lead in goals (1), assists (1) and points (3).
SUN BELT CONFERENCE
• UALR was picked to finish ninth in the Sun Belt Conference in a preseason poll of the head coaches in the league. FIU received five first-place votes and 114 total points as the preseason favorite, followed by North Texas (five first-place votes, 110 points) and Middle Tennessee (one first-place vote, 93 points).